正序浏览
主题图片汇总
主题内检索
泡菜
泡网分: 16.224
主题: 11
帖子: 306
注册: 2002年5月
BADMAN的大作, "在路上-游历在美西大地",很有煽动性,PP也漂亮.文中提到CAMPING,想向各位前辈请教一下细节.比如除了帐篷和睡袋,还要带什么东西(瓦斯罐?)?吃饭问题如何解决?多谢!
(0)
(0)
只看该作者
不看该作者
加入黑名单
举报
返回顶部
个人图文集
个人作品集
浏览:2153 回帖:22
第 1 页 / 共 1 页
游客没有回帖权限
资深泡菜
泡网分: 0
主题: 92
帖子: 2353
注册: 2001年4月
优质内容勋章

You do seriously believe the gas tank is necessary? What about water pot? Cooking gears? If the long haul is by car, it won't be an issue, though..

I took camping as a temporary measure to spend the night usually. I always take a flash and a cooler with me. A tool box will be always helpful for setting up the camp.

When you are looking for a camping site, checking up a few things
1. office working hour;
2. sanitory availability;
3. available shops aroud the corner;
4. BBQ facilities;
5. power onsite availability;
6. safty in terms of youself and your food
(0)
(0)
只看该作者
不看该作者
加入黑名单
举报
返回顶部
个人图文集
个人作品集
bhf
资深泡菜
泡网分: 48.7
主题: 57
帖子: 3015
注册: 2000年9月
Ya... Rose got saved by wistle...
(0)
(0)
只看该作者
不看该作者
加入黑名单
举报
返回顶部
个人图文集
个人作品集
泡菜
Really?  Did whistler help people on Titanic?
(0)
(0)
只看该作者
不看该作者
加入黑名单
举报
返回顶部
个人图文集
个人作品集
资深泡菜
泡网分: -0.001
主题: 95
帖子: 6178
whistler is good, once your boat is sinking, the only thing you can rely on,

Titanic
(0)
(0)
只看该作者
不看该作者
加入黑名单
举报
返回顶部
个人图文集
个人作品集
泡菜
Hi, stephen_su:

What's the whistler used for? To scare a bear away? What about the mirror?

How do you carry your tripod with your backpack? I have a Bogen 3021. I carried it by hand for a short distance hiking once. The experience was not nice.
(0)
(0)
只看该作者
不看该作者
加入黑名单
举报
返回顶部
个人图文集
个人作品集
资深泡菜
主题: 33
帖子: 1394
注册: 2001年8月
stephen_su:
Thanks. Your suggestion is definately helpful. I'd never think about whistler which could save my life if I'm in danger.

Yes, I will go to Aspen area, and Sun Juan area as well. Hopefully, I will spend both a sunset and a sunrise beside maroon lake with maroon bell as the backdrop.
(0)
(0)
只看该作者
不看该作者
加入黑名单
举报
返回顶部
个人图文集
个人作品集
泡菜
主题: 0
帖子: 9
云深处, I'm sorry I have not actually been Colorado. A couple o weeks ago, I was going to go there in thi August. After doing some extensive research and finishing a detailed plan, I changed my mind at the last minute. I'm reading a book written and photographed by John Fielder (Photographing the Landscape), the most stunning pictures (as my opinion) were taken in Maron Bells-Snowmass Wildernss, did you think about this place?
I bought my tent at $30. Since I camped only at roadside campgrounds, I've never felt the need for that fancy stuff. I do not think three-season tent is necessary. I did a couple late fall/early winter camping, and I believe I will get crashed before any tent is crashed. The best sunscreen and and insect repllent are actually long pants and long sleeve T-shirts. I usually do not use them because bugs always prefer other people to me. A couple of months ago, I went to Florida and I used sunscreen and insect repllent, but the lenses were very soon became oily. As of my experience, the only essential things are a spacious tent, a ~30 degree sleeping bag, a foam sleeping pad, a knife, a sunglasses, a whistler, a mirror, first ad kit, a water bottle, and a backpack that can hold your tripod (inside or outside). Hope you can benefit from my good/bad camping/hiking experiences.
(0)
(0)
只看该作者
不看该作者
加入黑名单
举报
返回顶部
个人图文集
个人作品集
资深泡菜
请问,买帐篷要注意什么吗?还是挑个便宜的就得?
俺看到一个店里有卖 Coleman Sundome 9 * 7, 才$45 。

还有睡袋,同样问题。

(如果知道又好又便宜的,给推荐以下?)
(0)
(0)
只看该作者
不看该作者
加入黑名单
举报
返回顶部
个人图文集
个人作品集
泡菜
Thanks for all the replies. I just found a magazine 'Backpacker' in the library. There is a paper about 'Ultimate Gear List'. Here is the list for the normal three-season backpacking:

Gear:
internal or external frame backpack
three-season tent
down sleeping bag
inflatable sleeping pad
trekking poles

canister stove and fuel canisters
lighter and waterproof matches
cookset
eating utensils, bowl and insulated mug

headlamp w/extra batteries and bulb
32 oz. water bottles(2)
water treatment(filter, tablets, or drops)
pocket knife or multitool
compass
sunglasses
first-aid kit with personal medications
stuff sacks
assorted zipper-lock bags
bear-bagging rope(or canister) (What is that?)

insect repellent
mesh head net or suit
sunscreen(SPF 15+)
lip balm (SPF 15+)
toilet paper and trowel

Clothing:
Outerwear:
waterproof/breathable jacket
waterproof/breathable pants
fleece jacket or wool sweater
waterproof gaiters
synthetic hiking pants
synthetic shorts

Base Layer:
midweight long john top
midweight long john bottoms
long sleeve T-shirt
synthetic briefs
synthetic sports bra
synthetic T-shirt

Accesories:
wool or fleece hat
midweight wool or fleece gloves

Footwaer:
waterproof hiking boots
camp footwaer
wool or synthetic socks(3)
liner socks(2)

Extras:
sun hat
bandanna

I don't think anybody will buy all these stuffs, but it's good to take it as reference.

By the way, I am in Texas. Does anybody know if there is a place nearby good for visiting? How about Big Bend?
(0)
(0)
只看该作者
不看该作者
加入黑名单
举报
返回顶部
个人图文集
个人作品集
资深泡菜
stephen_su:

You've been colorado? Please give me any suggestion you can think of (like where is worth visiting)! I will camp at Moraine Park and Glacier basin. Since they both are large campground, I hope there's no bear in them.

My current plan is to visit RMNP, then Aspen area, Telluride (San Juan area), then garden of god (are they worth going?). I'm thinking of visiting Black Canyon on the way, but not sure if I have time or not. I have only one week

I've already cut Arches, Great Sand Dune.
(0)
(0)
只看该作者
不看该作者
加入黑名单
举报
返回顶部
个人图文集
个人作品集
泡菜
帖子: 9
In most US national parks, camping is easy. You may buy an easy-to-set tent. Mine is very easy; I can set it up in 5 minutes without any rush. Make sure your tent is big enough, and your sleeping pad is cozy enough. After some camping travels, I think good sleep and food are the key to your travel and taking photos, especially when you need to hike.
云深处, in rocky mountains, bears MAY be a big problem in September. Since they have very outstand smell capability, you cannot bring anything related to food into your tent, and a bad experience about this. To contiguously camp serveral days in the wilderness may make you tired if you are not experienced at this, so I think it is better to stay in a motel every a couple of days. BTW, a even bigger problem is bugs. I think you may consider two other NPs for your trip in September: Black Canyon of Gunnison in CO, and Badland in SD, both are 300-350 miles from Denver.
(0)
(0)
只看该作者
不看该作者
加入黑名单
举报
返回顶部
个人图文集
个人作品集
资深泡菜
SixFlags is nationwide. I once visited the one in NJ.

Unfortunately, the campgrounds in Rocky Mountain National Park don't have shower. But I don't think it's a problem at all. All the physical difficulty can be easily overcomed. Problem is I don't have more time to visit more places. Planning is a big headache.
(0)
(0)
只看该作者
不看该作者
加入黑名单
举报
返回顶部
个人图文集
个人作品集
泡菜
帖子: 5
注册: 2001年12月
Well, you can find some camp ground has shower place...
(0)
(0)
只看该作者
不看该作者
加入黑名单
举报
返回顶部
个人图文集
个人作品集
资深泡菜
泡网分: -0.001
主题: 95
帖子: 6178
云,the problem is taking bath, i don't think you can stay in camping area for
two or more nights.
(0)
(0)
只看该作者
不看该作者
加入黑名单
举报
返回顶部
个人图文集
个人作品集
泡菜
Cloud,

Sixflags? You live in GA?

Anyone living in southeast can show me some good places for short trips? There aren't many good places to visit in southeast except Gtreat Smoky Mt in fall, New Orlean in spring, and beach in FL, I think. It's not easy to schedule a long trip(only once a year maybe)....
(0)
(0)
只看该作者
不看该作者
加入黑名单
举报
返回顶部
个人图文集
个人作品集
资深泡菜
I never find animal near me except in SixFlags.
Even in the Yellowstone  
(0)
(0)
只看该作者
不看该作者
加入黑名单
举报
返回顶部
个人图文集
个人作品集
bhf
资深泡菜
Cloud,

This Spring when I was in NH, a little bear and me find the other by each other . He shown a great curious of me and keep watching me taking photos

And I almost run into a grant Moose.
(0)
(0)
只看该作者
不看该作者
加入黑名单
举报
返回顶部
个人图文集
个人作品集
资深泡菜
Thank you PKmount.

But I don't think I will like to bring all these things(grills, gas, firewood,etc) with me for a far trip if I have to go there by air.

Maybe I will have to eat cookie in the car, then sleep in the tent.
And I don't think fire is allowed in colorado national parks(where I want to go) due to the forest fire in southern colorado.

As for the bear, will it still be interested in me even I don't have any food in the tent?
(0)
(0)
只看该作者
不看该作者
加入黑名单
举报
返回顶部
个人图文集
个人作品集
bhf
资深泡菜
Cloud, you can get 瓦斯罐 in local store.
Hmmm... dining? I don't think you never more than 1 hour of driving away from a restaraunt
(0)
(0)
只看该作者
不看该作者
加入黑名单
举报
返回顶部
个人图文集
个人作品集
泡菜
Here are some of my experience to share with you - they are all common senses.
Camping is fun as long as you enjoy it.

Unless you got a RV, set your camp in a camp ground for safty and convenience reason.There are bath rooms, shower places and clean water source. I'd check with AAA first to find out if I need to make a reservation.

Find a dry, clean and even place to set the tent-it's easy, no need to dig a hole, use nails and rubber hammer. It could be a good idea to set it close to a tree. But don't set the tent in 风口 if the wind is heavy.It would blow your tent away or the wind noise keeps you awake all night.

For dining: You can bring raw food to picnic or BBQ, you need to bring grills, gas, firewood,etc.of course. If you don't want to cook, then just sandwiches. It would be fun to set a camp fire and make some roasted potatoes at night-otherwise, what else you can do?

For safty:
Don't go out alone.
Depends on where you're going, be cautious of bugs, snakes, and more important: bear attack.
Sure to bring some medicine, like first aid.
...Hmmm..anything else? That's all on top of my head.
(0)
(0)
只看该作者
不看该作者
加入黑名单
举报
返回顶部
个人图文集
个人作品集
资深泡菜
May be a silly question, but, is it hard to setup a tent?
Do I have to dig a hole on the ground?
(0)
(0)
只看该作者
不看该作者
加入黑名单
举报
返回顶部
个人图文集
个人作品集
资深泡菜
I want to know too !!!

I don't think we can bring 瓦斯罐 with us on the plane.
(0)
(0)
只看该作者
不看该作者
加入黑名单
举报
返回顶部
个人图文集
个人作品集
回复主题: 请教在美国国家公园露营(CAMPING)的经验
功能受限
游客无回复权限,请登录后再试